Thursday, June 5, 2008

the sun in the evening

Little busy bees we are. But for now everything is an adventure. Soon we will have picnics in the park and bring the yellow thermos. The city has smells and colours and flavours just like all its people [the people are the city]. He made his people different, if I had not met you I would have forgotten that. You are beautiful and I will love you. And you, you will love me as well.

Don't think I don't see you. Fragile women in the alley. Longing for crack and nothing else. I would like to sit with you and whisper the words of Him.

I am sorry, I am so sorry. I'm frightened for you, for me and for it being too late.

The aged couple sits on the porch all day. You make me smile, and believe in something like love. We wave, we share the street. You came to speak to me. But I could not understand your language. I must admit it sounded lovely. After twelve attempts of pronouncing my name, we settled for Miche. You are Steve and my name should've been that easy.


p.s. if you come across someone who pretends to be a mieke like me, it could possibly be because a friend knocked over a basket with my bank statements down the fire escape.

2 comments:

justine said...

this is a beautiful post. thanks miek

Sarah vP said...

this is good.

i hope it's not too late.

and i'm sorry. and i was so sorry my face turned green.