Wednesday, March 12, 2008

When I was young my parents would take us to Switzerland to play in the mountains. The drive was quite long. Some of my favorite memories were gained. I never wanted to leave. But once we were on the road I longed to be home again. The language you couldn't understand and the food that tasted so different made you realize you were not there.

As we drove into our neighbourhood there was this feeling. Although you were somewhat sleeping, you felt you were close to home. There was a certain silence in the car. The car slowed down. And you just knew this was a different slowing down than stopping for a red light. It was so good to be almost home.

Some feelings you wish you could put in a jar and keep under your bed so you can open the lit and let it jump in your heart. I long to be home with God. And I wish I could have a constant feeling that we're slowing down, because we are.

3 comments:

Carol-Lee Joy said...

I know just the feeling you're talking about. And I agree. And long for the same thing. Sometimes that feeling is stronger than other times, but I wish I always felt that way: longing to be home with God. No more SIN and CRAP!!

justine said...

actually, when I have a nap it feels like the world is slowing down and I can slow down with it... :P

Sarah vP said...

oh what a nice memory!
i agree with you . . some memories are just so special - like you can sit and remember and think and experience and just feel exactly how you felt then.