Thursday, November 8, 2007


The other day I realised there is no reason to feel restricted. With this I mean that people hang on to their traditions and ways of doing things too much. I came to think about it when I was talking about art. There is a certain freedom when making art. Or at least there should be. It makes me feel good, I can't explain.

It's a piece of you. It migth make you feel a certain way. It may remind you of something. You picked the colors. Or maybe no colour at all.
I just wonder why people restrict themselves so much. Including me. Why do we all need the same houses. The same hobbies. The same curtains. The same wintercoat?

Bobbleheads

Bobbleheads

Bobbleheads

They dont think for themselves. They just nod.

I think the same things happen often when we follow God. Instead of following Him, you start following others around you. People often are intimidated and scared of faith because they think it will make them into a bobblehead. And I am scared of that too sometimes. But just imagine that God loves you the way you are.
Maybe you'll quit school. Maybe you pray different. Maybe you talk to Him all day. Maybe you dont want to get married young. Maybe you raise your hands when praising Him. Maybe you like baking cookies. Maybe you drive a purple car. Maybe you want to scream. Maybe you like paperclips. Maybe you wear pyamas with little bears. Maybe you like your hair green. Maybe you hate sports. Maybe you dont like praying in a circle. Maybe youre not good with kids. Maybe you like to sit at home on friday nights. Maybe you like dancing for God. Maybe you like cherry pie but not the cherries. Maybe you want to wear clown costumes on your wedding day. Maybe you sing to God in the rain. Maybe you dont always agree.
There is no limit on how great God is. There is no limit in how you praise him.
God is greater than traditions, God is bigger than life.

3 comments:

Ryan said...

That is a ridiculously beautiful thought.
Thank you.

Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley said...

I thank God that He uses beautiful people like you to teach lessons to me. I really needed to hear that.